Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Rastro is Madrid's largest and most popular open-air flea market. It's open every Sunday and holiday throughout the year. The Rastro runs along Calle Ribera de Cutidores, all the way down to the Manzanares River where, historically, most of the slaughter houses were located in Madrid. Because these slaughterhouses left a trail (or a rastro) of blood near them, thus the market earned it's name. You can find ANYthing at the Rastro from antiques, jewelry, books, military relics, and art, to paintings, maps, old suitcases and clothes! I'm in love with the antique door knocker that I just bought from Javier. It reminds me of the one that is on the front door of my apartment building.






1 comment:

  1. Señora Manning - cuánto me encantaría estar contigo en el Rastro, mirando (y comprando) de todo:) Te echo de menos aquí pero....¡¡¡qué aventura¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete